Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Tooth pain after root canal

Hi, I had a root canal done around 3 months ago. After a root canal my dentist filled my tooth with a temporary filling. The tooth was fine for a while but then it started hurting. I thought the temporary filling wore off, so I went to an emergency dentist who replaced it but said the filling was still ok. Next day I went to my dentist who removed a filling and left my tooth open (is that normal?). She left my tooth like this for around a month. There was no pain, I only had slight pain if I chewed on it. On monday I had an appointment and she again filled my tooth with a temporary filling. Now it hurts again. If I try to bite on it it feels like there's a swelling below the tooth. It hurts all the time and it hurts more if I press on the tooth with my tongue. I'm also starting to get a bit of a lymph node pain, which I already had before when she left the tooth open. Pain meds don't help. I only got reffered to an x-ray after I asked for it, she never suggested it herself. On monday I told her I didn't have time to get it done and she just said ok. She didn't say I need to get it done at all. My question is, is this pain just sensitivity after she was sticking those needle-y things in my canals on monday and it will go away or should I go back? Should I get an x-ray done?

submitted by /u/stoopsi
[link] [comments]
from https://www.reddit.com/r/Dentistry/comments/bp0km6/tooth_pain_after_root_canal/

No comments:

Post a Comment