Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Root canal treatment postponed as I can't open my mouth!

Hi there,

Just after some advice really. I went to my dentist last week complaining of tooth pain that started 9 days previously in the molar in front of an impacted wisdom tooth that was extracted last year. He scheduled in root canal treatment for today. Unfortunately, by yesterday, the infection spread and worsened to the point that my jaw is swollen, I can't open my mouth wider than about a finger's width. I'm in a lot of pain, despite taking paracetamol and ibuprofen, have a fever that seems to come on in the evening, and haven't slept properly in a week.

I went in for an emergency appointment yesterday, where he prescribed antibiotics and said he couldn't do the RCT as planned because my mouth won't open far enough to access it. Worryingly, the next appointment I was offered is in three weeks' time - don't think I can bear the pain for that long.

Today, the pain and swelling is worse rather than better - do you think I have any option other than just to bear the pain and wait for the antibiotics to kick in?

Yours painfully,

Callum

submitted by /u/callumm92
[link] [comments]
from https://www.reddit.com/r/Dentistry/comments/bp21ju/root_canal_treatment_postponed_as_i_cant_open_my/

No comments:

Post a Comment